Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Carly Rae Jepsen Was 'Supposed to Write a Folk Album'


Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" is a summer song that has never been blisko.Szampan Canadian went to college thinking that he was "supposed to write a folk album."

"But I do not want to," Jepsen told us to plan her last taping Walmart Soundcheck. "I wanted to write a pop album. And every day I went to college with every intention of writing folk music and pop me all these ideas. At one point, threw his hands in the air and said," Well, this is what I want to do. I want to break all the rules and just do it. "

Following pop paid Jepsen, whose "Maybe" spent nine weeks at the top of the Hot 100 and has sold 5.9 million downloads since its release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Through its collaboration with Owl City "Good Time" Jepsen spent 27 weeks straight in the Hot 100 top 10. (That streak ends this week as "good" slips to No. 11).

Her album, "Kiss", made ​​its debut two weeks ago at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 and includes the current single "This Kiss."

"I would say that the main thread throughout the album is, it's about love," she told us. "It's about all the complications that go along with it. For me, love is endless pool of inspiration that can be drawn from the non-stop. I can write you a six albums about love and will not be done."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...